Sunday, July 20, 2008

Assab Eritrean Restaurant

Dinner
July 2008

For those of you now familiar with African geography (I am guilty also), Eritrea is next to Ethiopia in northeastern Africa. The food is like Ethiopian, with flatbread you eat by hand.

Assab is in what yelp says is Western Addition/NOPA. The food was good -- when we finally got it. We had an 8:30pm reservation for 11 people, but I think our appetizers didn't come out until 9:45 and dinner about half hour later. I was pretty cranky and hungry to say the least, then overcompensated and felt gross, but that's my problem. Sambusas are good, liked the meat better than veggie. Assab is known for vegetarian food, though I liked the meat dishes too.

Apparently the honey wine is one of their specialities - made from honey and hops, it was syrupy and sweet, not quite what I wanted for the night though others seemed to like it.

2845 Geary Blvd (between Collins St & Wood St), San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 441-7083

No comments: