Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Mediterranean Wraps

Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Dinner with Julia

Julia and I had a cheap dinner date last night. She wanted a taco salad from Salsa on California Ave and I went to Mediterranean Wraps across the street. I've had the Baba Ghannoush platter before (yum), but I wanted a little more variety so I went for the combo vegetarian plate for $8.95 with hummus, baba ghannoush, tabouleh, 2 falafels, 2 dolmas, Greek salad and pitas. Good deal. One of the cooks gave me a falafel to munch on while I waited for my order, Julia said you always get a free one in line. They also have all sorts of meat dishes, and it was hard to pass on the lamb after watching the rotating tower of kebab meat.

So Julia snuck in her Salsa salad and we staked out a seat in the back corner. One of the owners came over with two hot teas for us. We sheepishly explained that we were split on dinner choices. He said it was ok because they actually owned Salsa as well! Nice!

The tea was great, really sweet and went really well with both of our meals. The food is awesome, the veggie combo platter is all cold except the falafels (perfect amount of seasoning) and the pita. Love the food, and love the super friendly staff.

425 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94306
(650) 321-8189

PS: My favorite cheap eats places in Palo Alto -- Mediterranean Wraps (Greek food, California Ave), Salsa (Tex-Mex, California Ave), Pluto's (huge salads, University Ave), and Rojoz Gourmet Wraps (huge burritos and wraps, Town and Country)

No comments: