Friday, August 17, 2007

The Restaurant at Rowayton Seafood

Monday, August 13, 2007
Dinner with my family

We found the Restaurant on Zagat's (wanted seafood above 24-food) and got rave reviews about the food from my brother's co-workers. It is adjacent to a high-end seafood market on an inlet off the LI Sound in a cute little Darien neighborhood. The restaurant is in a house with seating at a bar area, along bay windows and on their patio.

My brother was told that the food was excellent and the crowd your 40-something southern Fairfield County type, and they were on point. The place is 'casual', but think more Greenwich 'cas' with sundresses and salmon khakis. It's cozy and loud, and I thought it was a great place for dinner with the 'rents.

We started with a dozen cherrystone clams and half dozen Blue Points, which were excellent and the waiter won points by bringing extra horse radish and Tabasco without asking. My brother and I split a wedge and a yummy rock lobster tail appetizer. For my main dish, I got sea scallops with a yuzu sauce, which was just excellent. My dad's sole was very light and moist, and my brother's swordfish was very good. My mother's salmon had a sweet BBQ sauce that was unfortunately too much for her though the rest of us liked it. We had a ridiculously rich chocolate cake with ice cream.

Their wine menu is ok, but we took advantage of the $25 cork fee to drink one of the Elyse Chardonneys from Napa (really rich heavy buttery Chardonney). They do have a full bar (the bar area is actually separate with a TV playing Yankees and everything), and we took advantage of that for some great apperitifs.

Total bill was around $360 with tax for the 4 of us.

Valet parking.

89 Rowayton Ave, Rowayton, CT 06853
203-866-4488

No comments: