Saturday, June 12, 2010

Azul

I think I found my favorite Shanghai brunch place. Azul Tapas lounge is "Peruvian Modern Cuisine" with a fantastic 130rmb brunch that gets you a drink, coffee/tea, two dishes, and scones/bread. 160rmb if you want 3 dishes.

I had a bloody mary (pretty good), gazpacho with crab meat, and Latin steak and eggs. Scone also yummy and warm and comes with regular or honey butter and jam. I loved my gazpacho and was ok with the steak and eggs (simply because I happen to like everything rare and this wasn't, taste was good). However, I had terrible food envy of my lovely brunchmates who had a Spanish bruschetta, gourmet omelette with goat cheese, asparagus and other veggies (this was delicious, I am getting that next time), and blue berry pancakes. Benedict looked good too.

Also the drinks, though there were many bloodies to go around, the fruit shakes looked fantastic too. Cute neighborhood in French Concession right by Sashas.

http://www.azulviva.com/
Reservations at azul@azulviva.com or 6433-1172

http://www.smartshanghai.com/venue/357/Azul_Tapas_Lounge_/_Viva_New_World_Cuisine_shanghai

18 Dongping Road (by Hengshan Road), Xuhui District, Shanghai
上海市徐汇区东平路18号

No comments: